10/22/11

Hope You Can Cling To

SCS is sponsoring the 2nd annual "Hope You Can Cling To" challenge, a month long card drive benefiting breast cancer patients at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas.

Hambo Stamps is one of the sponsors for the event - seriously, you want to see some funny images and sentiments - go ahead, hop on over to the Pig Pen and check out their selection (HUGE sale going on right now too)! CLICK HERE!

Are you back? K, let's move on to my creation which is for Judy's Challenge - Treat Yourself! I used Hambo's super cute little cupcake and paper pieced both the wrapper and the frosting with a bit of accenting with Copic markers. I added white enamel as the accents on the frosting - seriously scrumptious cupcake eh?

I made a card quite some time ago with circles similar to this and liked it, so I decided to do it again - this time on a square card. Designer papers are from Echo Park and MME; I also added some funky stitching around the outer edge.

The inside is decorated also and I added some glimmer and splotches with Chocolate Glimmer Mist - just looks yummy!  :D


I look forward to sending this card off to MD Anderson Cancer Center and thanks to SCS for sponsoring such a great event! Hope you'll take time to join one, two or ALL the challenges over at SCS!

... cute little cuppies to you and yours ...

Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hambo Stamps Cupcake
Papers: PTI Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, DP by MME and Echo Park, GKD White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa
Accessories: nesties, Copics, Janome Sew Mini, white enamel accents, 3D yellow glaze pen (candle flame)

3 comments:

  1. Michele, your entire card looks good enough to eat lol! The stitching, papers and cupcake all look fabulous. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pink! Neat arrangement too! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stitching looked like that when I first got my machine MP...and that was it straight lol. I remembered you did this layout before...loved it then and love it now. Cute cupcake, great pp and that Nestie if flab :-D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.