12/20/11

Birthday Notebooks

Hello friends, how are you?

Ready for Christmas? We're not - we still have gifts to buy AND we haven't wrapped a single gift! Eeeks...it's coming whether I am ready or not!

Our youngest daughter recently attended a birthday dance for 2 friends that turned 13 - TEENAGERS.  :D

I knew I wanted to make a little notebook for each of the girls - Kaitlyn (our daughter) loves to write, draw, doodle, etc. so I was hoping they might like to also. The notebooks are straightforward and very simple! I used modge podge to adhere the paper and as the final coat. Their names are vertical next to the black binding; I added a few rub ons and then finished them off with glimmer mist. One has chocolate - easy to see  the other one has pink bubblegum glimmer mist but it's impossible to see in the picture. I LOVE the sheen glimmer mist gives to anything and everything! I have another upcoming project in which I sprayed the entire card with 2 colors of glimmer mist - purdy!! I sanded the edges to give them a bit of a worn look, tied on some ribbon. I was told the girls loved them!

I also purchased some little birthday stuffers for them which came with a free basket - I chose the cute little penguin for both of them. The little basket is filled with scented body lotion, bath confetti, bubble bath and a sponge - delightfully color-coordinated!

... penguin cuddles ...


Hugs,
WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: NONE
Papers: DP by MME
Ink: NONE
Accessories: glimmer mist, modge podge, rub-ons





3 comments:

  1. That is so professional Michele - just gorgeous details! Love the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow thats one gorgeous creation Michele!! Hope you have a very happy Christmas. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas MP!! Hope you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.