12/15/11

Having a birthday?

If so, this is probably the type of card you would receive from me...bwaaa ha ha ha ha!!!

I love this sentiment from Hambo Stamps and this layout from My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club was just perfect for focusing on a sentiment. I didn't have the same die cuts as the layout; but that's okay, a sketch is just a great jumping off point and besides that piece, everything else I followed just as it was.

Hmph to those TLT ladies that think I'm a rebel!?!
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

I love these papers - once again from MME; just perfect for any celebration - bright, cheerful and seriously, who does not love polka dots and cupcakes!!

I used a straight stitch on the main panel, then a zig zag stitch on the green polka dot panel. The cupcake panel was edged with VersaMagic Sahara Sand to help it pop off the card a bit.

Great layout - take a momemt to play along and as always, don't forget to check out the amazing sentiments and images at Hambo Stamps!


Hugs,
WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hambo Stamps
Papers: GKD White, PTI Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, DP by MME
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, VersaMagic Sahara Sand
Accessories: nesties, embossing, white dimensional enamel, Janome Sew Mini




6 comments:

  1. Hey Michele .. i love a rebel!!
    .. and i am loving this card .. the sentiment is fab and the papers so much fun
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab take on that sketch Michele! Gorgeous use of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - I'll be having a birthday soon, so I'll pretend this one is for me! LOL! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Michele and I love the papers ... but that sentiment is so much fun lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny Michele and I love the little pearls around the edges, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Michele! What a great sentiment and gorgeous papers! Pami x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.