10/4/13

SURPRISE!!

If you are looking for my Crafts 4 Eternity post, please scroll down or click HERE!

I feel so blessed today as I'm one of the newest members over at Wags 'n Whiskers - you'll be seeing me around the blogosphere touting some super cute Wags 'n Whiskers images through February 2014!! GULP - 2014, how did we get so close to next year? Thank goodness I do NOT age along with the calendar! LOL

Stop by the challenge blog and check out all the new designers and give them a nice warm welcome - we all love love! :D And then take a few minutes to play along with our challenge - PINK - Breast Cancer Awareness. October is the month for Breast Cancer Awareness and girls, if you haven't, please take  time to get your girls smooshed...that's a word right - it may save your life!

I wanted to use an image to brighten someone's day - not just focus on the battle they may be fighting, but just a cheery, happy card. So I used Buddy's Balloons and incorporated lots of pink! The inside says "You Make Me Smile", perfect for Splitcoaststampers Challenge "Hope You Have a Great Day" which is part of their Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum for MD Anderson.

Layout is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #194 (SSSC194); I thought Buddy was getting lost amongst all the pink, stripes, dots, etc. so I tried the Bokeh technique...um yeah...not sure I like how it turned out! :( The image is cut with just a portion of the balloon outside the nestie, then I colored a 2nd balloon, cut it out and mounted with dimensionals. I added glossy accents to the balloon and to Buddy's nose, I also added some white gel dots to the party hat.

 Thanks for stopping by, hope you'll take time to join us in celebrating PINK - Breast Cancer Awareness!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Wags 'n Whiskers Buddy's Balloons
Papers: Copic XPress It, PTI Raspberry Fizz, MFT Steel Grey
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Soft Blush, Pure Poppy
Accessories: nesties, Copics, white gel pen, glossy accents, PTI small scallop border

Challenges:
  SSSC194

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute Michele and sure to cheer up anyone with your bright, pretty pink! Congrats on your new DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time that so much pink is acceptable!! gorgeous card and well done :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just precious and the pink and black makes for such a striking colour combo.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.