6/2/14

Courage...

Hi there!

Oh this card - WOW - so much I love, amazing how a mistake can turn out looking ok! :D

I wanted to try water coloring which I have never done before and I learned so much!!

Overall after stamping, embossing and coloring the flowers, the colors were a bit 'bolder' than I wanted, so I grabbed ... what I THOUGHT ... was a clear Wink of Stella glitter pen. Turns out I grabbed the WHITE Wink of Stella pen - that thing is cool; initially it gave the flowers a nice toned down tint...then as it started to dry it turned the flowers WHITE! Hmmm...wonder why? LOL

I used a baby wipe and gently wiped each flower to remove a bit of the White Wink of Stella pen which left such a great look to the flowers! The yellow is a water color crayon, I colored around each flower then painted with water to draw the color out.


And that sentiment? SWOON; love it so very much! "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

A bit of fun black and white washi tape and a small strip of black finishes the card off!

Thanks for popping in; hope you have a GREAT week! See you again soon!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps:Verve Visual Great Friend and Blue Skies
Papers: Tim Holtz watercolor paper, PTI True Black and Hibiscus Burst
Ink: VersaFine Black, lots of various distress inks
Accessories: washi tape, watercolor crayon, white Wink of Stella glitter pen, clear embossing powder

Challenges:
  Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards - Embossing
 TPE253 - use orange

2 comments:

  1. A really bold and striking design, such fab colours... love how the flowers turned out...a 'happy accident'!:)
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white wink of stella on the flower,your water coloring is awesome ,keep it up , i think its so fun !!Thanks for joining us at Chocolate ,Coffee and Cards for the Embossing challenge . DT - Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.