1/2/15

MOJO378 - Birthday

Hi friends; HAPPY NEW YEAR!
From Millan.Net

I don't drink but thought this little smiley was perfect for celebrating the new year! Did anyone do anything exciting to ring in the New Year? I'm happy to report I made it past midnight - I RARELY ever stay up that late; and even after being up that late, I had a super productive day on the 1st - that always feels good!

Below I get in to a few thoughts about 2015 so stayed tuned and let me know your thoughts; but for now, I wanted to pop in and share a card I made for MOJO378 - a tall and skinny card; I always love making these!

Pretty straightforward stamping and coloring with Copics. I distressed all the layers with Old Paper Distress Ink, added some stitching to the flags, clear Wink of Stella for the candles and flower as well as glossy accents for the candles.



Thanks for popping in; hope you have a great day!

PS - anyone ever do Ali Edwards 'one word'? If so, tell me what you thought. I'm considering it for 2015. AND I never write down goals; I always have a few in my head, but I think this year, I'll actually WRITE A FEW DOWN in a place I can see on a regular basis and REFER to them! And last but not least; I saw THIS POST and fell in love with the idea. So far in our family, I will be participating, our youngest daughter and her best friend will be participating too. We all went to Hobby Lobby on January 1 and picked out a 'holder' (we all chose jars although you certainly don't have to use a jar) to hold our happiness lists. I'll be writing my very first happiness list the evening of 1/1/15. So there you go; I'm thinking 2015 is going to be a GREAT year!
Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Big Wish
PapersMFT Berrylicious, PTI Soft Stone, DP by MME
InkOld Paper Distress Ink, MFT Hot Fudge (inside), Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: MFT Pierced Circle Dies, Janome Sew Mini, copics, glossy accents, clear Wink of Stella

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card! I love the colors and the details on the circle dies. Those details including the stitching really make this card special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.