1/10/15

Snowy in blue...and I've been concussed!

Let's just say this week has not gone well; while attending our daughter's volleyball practice, I got nailed in the head by our hardest hitter on the team. I turned my head briefly to exchange ball carts and CHA-CHING; she won and I had a concussion. I've never had one before and I hope I never do again. It was a mild one but boy, oh boy, was I nauseous with a nasty headache!! Therefore, I feel like everything has been a wee bit of a haze. But I'm happy to report, I'm all better and doing just fine!

Let's move on to the fun crafty stuff now, shall we? This week at Crafts 4 Eternity, our recipe is "Blue Tones" which worked out perfectly as our youngest daughter's best friend loves blue, so that made for a nice combo - create a card that would actually be GIVEN to someone and check off the recipe! Play along with this week's recipe, and one lucky participant will win 3 free images from Michele of Crafts 4 Eternity!

I used Snowy a lot this winter, HERE and HERE and loved the bold, red colors but it was certainly fun to use the blue colors too. :D


LOVE the PTI Double Cuts dies; I used 2 colors of light blue card stock; but colored the top layer with Copics to darken it up a wee bit more, making it a closer match (IRL) to Snowy. Splattered on some Mister Huey's Opaque White for a bit of snow.


Thanks for popping in; hope you have a GREAT weekend. Take care!

PS - Crafts 4 Eternity is having a DT call; would you like to join the fun? Check it out HERE!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Penny Black Snowy, PTI Holiday Button Bits (for the word Christmas)
Papers:  MFT Bli Raspberry and Sno Cone, PTI True Black, Copic XPress It
InkDistress Inks VersaFine Black
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Copics, Mister Huey's Opaque White, PTI Double Cuts dies

Challenges:

  PDE Linky Party - Blue and White

3 comments:

  1. love Love LOVE that die!!!!!!! ... you are so lucky to have PTI! wish their shipping was cheaper! .... Gorgeous snowy card! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling snowman!!! Love it!! Such a beautiful card. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Blue and White' Linky Party at PDE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he's so cute. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Janis, PDE Linky Party owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.