3/20/15

Crafts 4 Eternity - pastels

Hi friends. It's FRIDAY - yippee - any of my readers enjoying March Madness? Our family loves college basketball and truly loves this time of year - each year, every year!! :D

This week at Crafts 4 Eternity, our recipe is pastel shades! Have you seen all the water coloring popping up? It is so very popular! I decided to try my hand at no-line water coloring so I stamped my little cupcake from Birthday Bash (super old Cornish Heritage Farm set by Kim Hughes) 3 times (HELLO MISTI... :D) - do you have YOUR MISTI tool? I stamped the image in MFT Kraft ink, masked it off and stamped two more times - once to the left, once to the right and went right to town water coloring with distress markers. I did the cupcakes and the lower portion first, then went on about life allowing it to dry. I came back a few days later and wanted to add the purple around everything....GAH...SOMEONE please tell me how to keep the other water coloring which you have previously done from bleeding - I mean, it is WATER color, so get it wet, it spreads. LOL I guess I'll have to try rubber cement or some type of masking fluid, any recommendations?


Anywho, I added the background and moved forward with the card. I added glossy accents to the icing and candles, then sprinkled the flames with rock crystals.

The layout is the week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #260. Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: CHF Birthday Bash, MFT You Are Unrepeatable
PapersDP by Echo Park, Neenah White
Ink: MFT Black Licorice, Kraft
Accessories: Distress Markers, glossy accents, rock crystal glitter

Challenges:

  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #260
  Papertake Weekly Challenge - happy anything

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Michele :) You can use a fluid mask available from art stores or Matt medium. With Fluid mask you rub it off after you are done and it doesn't affect the watercolour effect. A Matt medium would be permanent and you can't add more watercolour over it or rub it off, it seals the layer. Don't give up with water colours :) I love them they are my fave medium :) Have a good weekend hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.