3/11/15

Getting Sketchy with Tammy!

Hi friends - how are you? I am back again with another super fun challenge with my sweet friend Tammy - at Highland Homemade. This time Tammy chose a sketch (see below) and I chose Kraft card stock.

I made the one type of card crafters never really enjoy making, but are needed; I'll put this one in my stash. And once again, still following along with Kathy's 30 day coloring challenge, I tried another water color look. I "want" to go bold and outline the images and then fade the color out...but yeah, I'm kinda chicken BUT I promise to try it soon!! I colored the flowers with Distress Markers then spritzed with water before stamping. I then added a bit darker color of distress ink to the bottom of the flower, misted and stamped again. For the last step, I used a paintbrush and Inktense pencils for a bit more color at the base of the flowers, stems and leaves. And of course...had to add a little shimmer!



I embossed the sentiment on a strip of vellum, layered everything up, stamped the pink panel with MFT's damask background and layered it onto some Kraft card stock; 3 enamel dots finish it off. One I colored yellow, one purple and the pink is untouched...which makes me think I need some purple and chocolate enamel dots - yes, I think I do.

Thanks for stopping by; be sure to check out Tammy's creation HERE - I can't wait to see it right along with YOU!!

Hope you have a GREAT week!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT LJD Peaceful Wildflowers
Papers: PTI Kraft and Royal Velvet, SU Pink Pirouette, Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Ink: VersaFine, MFT Kraft (envelope), Distress Markers: Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet, Peeled Paint
Accessories: enamel dots, clear Wink of Stella, Inktense Pencils, Copics, MFT Pierced Circle Dies

Challenges:


1 comment:

  1. So pretty!! love the watercolours!! ... horrible card to make though! Another fun week!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.