2/16/16

Kind & Thoughtful

I recently saw some cards made by Dawn McVey in which she used gold paint, I thought they were beautiful. So recently while out shopping with our son for a school project, I picked up a small bottle of gold paint - maybe Folk Art brand? Nothing expensive by any means. I proceeded to paint one piece of card stock with broad strokes, the other I actually stamped with the gold paint using PTI's Polka Dot basics. I allowed both to dry naturally.

For the polka dot card, I used Hero Arts ombre ink to stamp the Concord and 9th "kind" sentiment and die cut; I layered this and a strip of vellum over a piece of floral chip board I have had F-O-R-E-V-E-R - yep; it's true! ;) I added lots of Shine Bright sequins from Verve Visual to finish it up.

For the pink card, I cut a heart out of the center of the gold piece and backed it with designer paper from MFT. I die cut the "thoughtful" from vellum and adhered across the heart; the "that's you" was white embossed on black card stock, I cut a few flags and finished it off with more Shine Bright sequins.




Thanks for popping in; hope you have a GREAT day!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Concord and 9th Being Classy 
Papers: Neenah White, MFT shiny gold, designer paper, vellum, PTI Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst
InkRanger Archival Black, Versamark, Hero Arts Ombre Mint to Green
Accessories: Concord and 9th Being Classy die, gold paint, washi tape, floral chipboard, sequins, Lawn Fawn stackable hearts


Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.