3/29/16

Watercolor Balloons

Hi friends! Has anyone else seen Dawn's video for 'watercolor stamping with hand doodling'? WOW; it's fabby; I wanted to try it immediately. I'm not so good at 'loose' or at 'doodling' - HA! I love how Dawn so easily creates this project...and the elephant card too. But that's okay; I gave it a try!

Yesterday was a really tough day; my mom has cancer and although it is in remission, she is still undergoing chemo and Easter ended with her passing out 4 times, a trip to the hospital in the ambulance and she's STILL there! So far she has had 3 blood transfusions; there is some testing scheduled today to try to locate the internal bleeding. It was just a tough days; my eyes kept leaking!!

So after work I went for a run - felt good - then after dinner I made sure to find some time to create; good for my soul! This is the final card and even though it isn't as loose as Dawn's, I still like it and will definitely try it again very soon! It's certainly a fun technique for ALL solid images and a great way to work on your doodling!

I stamped the balloons on Strathmore watercolor paper and adhered the finished panel to a Neenah 110 lb. white card base. I cut off a small piece on the right hand side of the main panel and added a layer of MFT designer paper to the inside. Since the designer paper is pretty dark and would be difficult to see a handwritten message, I added a white rectangle to the middle and duplicated another balloon inside. I finished it off with this fun sentiment from SSS April card kit, Birthday Flowers and some enamel dots.


All the balloons have sparkle from Clear Wink of Stella; too bad you can't see it! :(
Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great week!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: SSS Birthday Flowers, PTI Scene It: Celebration Stamp Set
Papers: Neenah 110 lb. white, DP by MME, Strathmore watercolor paper
InkDistress Inks: Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Spice Marmalade, Hero Arts Black
Accessories: enamel dots, clear wink of stella, sharpie, MFT Blueprints (inside rectangle), Round 4 Brush 

Challenges:
  Seize the Birthday - anything goes

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.