12/27/17

JOY

Hi friends - I have a few more holiday cards to share...

This is the JOY die from SSS, it comes with the large JOY as well as a small cursive 'joy' which you will see a little later this week!

I didn't plan this card too well as when I finished, it was too large for a standard A2 envelope - HA; I'm forever doing things like that.


I sponged on the background then went scrounging for some designer paper that would match - kinda backwards, but it worked just fine! I spritzed the background with water and splattered on some white paint.

Once I die cut the letters from designer paper, I cut them several more times from black card stock and adhered all the layers together. I thought it would be fun to add some embossing - kinda like snow on the edges...see it or am I lost? :D

A white frame was added; the leaves and berries are from Hero Arts Holly Days set and leftover from Christmas 2016 - TRUTH!! I added a strip of black/white paper and silver glitter paper. The additional sentiment comes from Mama Elephant with the initial joy masked off.

Thanks for stopping by; hope your holiday season is full of JOY!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Mama Elephant Merry Christmas Wishes, Hero Arts Holly Days
PapersNeenah 110 lb. white and 80 lb. white, misc. designer paper
Ink: Ranger Oxide Inks, Versamark
Accessories: SSS Joy die, silver embossing powder, MFT pierced square dies, Hero Arts Holly Days die, white embossing powder, Zig Clean Color Brushes

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.