2/27/18

Happy Birthday Friend

Hi - how 'bout we take a break from Valentine show and tell and do a birthday card! Yep; I really do still have some Valentine's things to show. LOL

I have a dear friend/co-worker that had a birthday this past weekend; I absolutely LOVE these chicks from MFT (BB Birthday Chicks) and wanted to add this little image to the largest polaroid die. I actually die cut the polaroid 3 times; once from designer paper; once from a thicker card stock for some sturdiness, then AGAIN from another designer paper as I just didn't like the first one. :D

I stamped the image in MFT Extreme Black ink and colored with colored pencils. As always, I was too impatient to wait for the nuvo drops to dry so it looks a bit cloudy still, but I promise it was dry by the time the card was delivered. I added white polka dots to one cupcake, white sprinkles to another and glitter to the middle one.




These papers are certainly more vintage than my image, but I still love all the layers and how it turned out. I sponged all the layers with Tea Dye distress ink and mounted on a 4.25" square Fine Linen card. I added the FRIEND clothespin from my stash, glued it to the card and bottom portion of the polaroid to the card.

I also love giving the card as part of the gift that they can use for an upcoming friend's bday, so I didn't write inside the card and instead attached my birthday greeting under the clothespin - double purpose, #winning!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great week!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: MFT BB Birthday Chicks
Inks: MFT Extreme Black, Distress Oxide Tea Dye
Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.